Monday, September 13, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure! What I call Heaven on a plate!


I recently am making some lifestyle changes. One of which is my eating habits. Most of my meals are pretty healthy....but the snacking is what gets me in to trouble. I also dont drink enough water. There is days where I dont dink any water at all. I know this is horrible. My new changes have been good so far.

Yesterday I went to the gym for 2 hours. I only worked off barely 200 calories. Thats just crazy to me! If you look at the package of oreos you would have to work out for 2 hours to burn off the calories in just 3 cookies. I am rethinking everything I eat now. I think of those 2 hours at the gym before I eat anything.

There is one thing that is my guilty pleasure. Tomato, Basil and Mozerella cheese. It is only guilty because of the calories in the cheese. 80 calories in 1/4 cup of cheese. I will have to say my portion today was easily 300 calories. But it was my lunch. The combination of all 3 is heaven on a plate!


What you need to make heaven on a plate.
fresh mozerella cheese
big juicy tomato
fresh basil
fresh black pepper
drizzle of olive oil

You will slice the tomato into thick peices and the cheese into thin pieces. you will layer them tomato, cheese, basil. once you have 2 or 3 layers you will grind the pepper and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. and devour!!!
It is very filling. and so delicious!! I hope you try it!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds wonderful Tiffany! I haven't tried it yet but my daughter got hooked on that combination of ingredients when she was in Italy! That's exactly how they make their pizza, and their salads are all about the basil, tomatoes & olive oil too! Good for you for making healthy choices!...Nancy :o)

NEW WEBSITE!

I have moved!!!  Find my website HERE!